2012 has seen an increase in the popularity of PC games. There are action, adventure, MMO, RPG and many other games that are popular and enjoyable. Whether it is the Kingdom of Amalur; Reckoning of the Dark Eye series, realistic racing games, Quantum condundrum, a puzzle game, Fields of Glory or any of the other popular game, you will not notice the passage of time as you play them. Given here are the top 7 Action games for PC for the year 2012.
- Grand Theft Auto V – The location of Grand Theft Auto V is Los Santos. The game has multiple protagonists but what is not known is whether this game is a sequel of Grand Theft Auto IV or return to the San Andreas and Vice City pop culture. The gloss that you can see in the trailers hints that it is a return to pop culture and not a sequel to GTA IV. Grand Theft Auto V gives a peek at the outdoor environments and seems to break away from it traditional urban area location. As the main character loves hiking, the game promises more freedom to its players.
- Cross of the Dutchman – This will remind you of Fable 3 from Triangle. You play as the legendary Pier Gerlofs Donia, a Dutch pirate, also a great warrior, striving to free Frisia. The game will include sidequests. The character of Pier Gerlofs Donia is7 feet with unimaginable strength and the capacity of behead his foes with a single blow.
- Metal Gear Solid – Rising – You are the cyber ninja Raiden, with long hair and sharp cheekbones. Your work is to hunt baddies in the future. The game will enable you to showoff your swordsmanship and slice bodies. This series is well known for its plot devices and innovative game mechanics.
- Brothers in Arms: Furious 4 – The latest version of this game shows a gang of Yankee soldiers fight Nazis. The demo promises a lot of violence and jetpacks.
- The Darkness 2 – The first part of this series involved a shooter with special abilities given by mystical forces. The sequel is enlightening. You can wield two guns and throw your enemies, slash them and win the game.
- Strike Suit Zero – This is another ‘end of the world’ game that a giant robot staves off. There is enormous firepower, lot of power-ups but the game itself is not too challenging.
- Prototype 2 – This sequel has a new protagonist, James Heller with abilities like tendrils that can envelop his foes and the ability to rip them into chunks. He challenges evil mutants and soldiers. You can expect plenty of copter takedowns and more depth than the first game.
Although many of the popular action games have been included here, this list is not exhaustive. There are many more games that you may love to play and includes the likes of Captain Blood, Shoot many Robots and others. Start with these most popular action game and progress to other games.
Now of course, actions games are an all guys thing but all you lovely girls need not lose heart. www.cookinggames.net is a perfect getaway for “your” kind of games.